1. What you must know before making an application of student visa?
What are the conditions to be considered as a student?
You are a student if you come to Spain with the aim of studying, making an internship or do research work in a Spanish establishment officially recognized whether is for educational or scientific purpose and whether is private or public.
Who is concerned by getting a visa to study in Spain?
The students living in countries having no agreements with Spain have to make a visa application for studies. (See the list of these countries below.) Moreover the students who do not need a visa for a period of 90 days will have to make a visa application if they stay longer. Finally the students who come from Schengen area or from Switzerland do not need a Spanish study visa.
What is the period of validity of the Spanish study visa?
The period of validity of the visa corresponds to the dates of the beginning and the end of your Spanish classes.
Can foreign student’s relatives get a visa for the same period?
The foreign students having had a study visa can indeed ask for a visa for their relatives to enter and stay in Spain during their studies or their researches.
2. Get a visa – way to proceed :
– People living in the Schengen area and in Switzerland do not need a visa to study in Spain.
– People living in the following countries do not need a visa if the period of stay is shorter than 90 days. Albania, Andorra, Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, South Korea, Costa Rica, Chile, El Salvador, United States, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Vatican, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Uruguay, Venezuela.
– If you satisfy none of these conditions, you will have to make a visa application to come to study at AIL Malaga.
2.2. Steps to obtain a study visa:
1st step: Consult your consulate or your Spanish embassy of your place of residence about Spanish visa requirements (at least 120 days before your departure.)
2nd step: Join one of the Spanish courses of AIL Malaga, by indicating your nationality and the specific study visa requirements in your country. We will send you the same day a certificate of enrolment (study visa invitation letter) to our Spanish courses.
3rd step: The certificate of enrolment to our Spanish courses is very important. It guarantees that you are well registered on our courses, that you have paid all the fees, specifies the dates of your stay etc. It will be asked by the embassy or the consulate of your place of residence at the time of your application visa.
Note: no certificate of enrolment will be delivered without the payment of all the fee of the course.
*Note: This information may be incomplete, the documents to supply for a visa application change often, that is why we invited you to consult your Spanish embassy or your consulate of your place of residence to have the precise information about the documents to supply.
For your visa application it will be necessary to join all the elements evoked above and the Spanish visa invitation letter of AIL Malaga.
It is necessary to know that we are not the decision-makers in the process of obtaining your visa, only the Spanish embassy or the consulate decides to grant you the study visa.
If your visa application is refused we will pay you off the fees that you paid excepted €200 that we will serve to cover the administrative costs of your application. If you manage later to obtain a visa, you will not have to pay the administrative costs again.